The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Project NatureConnect Inc is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. (See section below entitled Limitations and Alternatives).
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
- Some videos (external) that have been produced by PNC or its behalf have accessibility options [Third Party] which includes text for the video/audio recording.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Project NatureConnect Inc is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies. Example: Browser X with assistive technology Y on operating system Z.
- June 2020: Microsoft Edge released a new version of its browser. When this browser was released we ensured the Users of this website can utilize the new browser along with its new security and privacy features. If you encounter issues please contact us.
- IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge.
- Tablet Accessible. Examples include Kindle (Silk Browser), Apple I-Pad and so forth.
- Mobile Device Accessible.
Project NatureConnect Inc is not compatible with:
- The platform this website is built on is Cross-Browser Compatibility for IE9 and IE10. (Not Recommended for Security and Accessibility Reasons)
- Browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Dynamic Content
- Mobile Responsive
- Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Query Enhancements for modern websites
- JS/PHP Compiler for CSS. Combined all styles are generated into one file for added performance.
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Project NatureConnect Inc:
- Images: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives. Some images are only used for decorative purposes only and do not provide any information to the website Users. We monitor incoming phone calls and emails if there is any issues with the website. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
Project NatureConnect Inc assessed the accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc by the following approaches:
- External evaluation and;
- A formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process.
This statement was created on 29 May 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.