Accessibility Statement for Project NatureConnect Inc
Measures to support accessibility
Project NatureConnect Inc takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Project NatureConnect Inc is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. (See section below entitled Limitations and Alternatives).
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
- Some videos (external) that have been produced by PNC or its behalf have accessibility options [Third Party] which includes text for the video/audio recording.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Project NatureConnect Inc is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies. Example: Browser X with assistive technology Y on operating system Z.
- June 2020: Microsoft Edge released a new version of its browser. When this browser was released we ensured the Users of this website can utilize the new browser along with its new security and privacy features. If you encounter issues please contact us.
- IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge.
- Tablet Accessible. Examples include Kindle (Silk Browser), Apple I-Pad and so forth.
- Mobile Device Accessible.
Project NatureConnect Inc is not compatible with:
- The platform this website is built on is Cross-Browser Compatibility for IE9 and IE10. (Not Recommended for Security and Accessibility Reasons)
- Browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Dynamic Content
- Mobile Responsive
- Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Query Enhancements for modern websites
- JS/PHP Compiler for CSS. Combined all styles are generated into one file for added performance.
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Project NatureConnect Inc:
- Images: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives. Some images are only used for decorative purposes only and do not provide any information to the website Users. We monitor incoming phone calls and emails if there is any issues with the website. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
Project NatureConnect Inc assessed the accessibility of Project NatureConnect Inc by the following approaches:
- External evaluation and;
- A formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process.
This statement was created on 29 May 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
Project NatureConnect (PNC) has implemented accessibility applications throughout its website. PNC believes in user experience and not pointing out that you are differently abled. Therefore, we have carefully chosen how to address various accessibility issues. PNC feels Everyone benefits from addressing accessibility issues and it is therefore a interconnected user experience.
Technology can be complicated! All users are encouraged to send feedback about the website and ideas for improvement. PNC will not be able to get to everything immediately and starts with technical/accessibility issues first. PNC does this to ensure the user experience is working and accessible.
Project NatureConnect has chosen a website framework conforms to the WCAG guidelines. In addition, the website theme is continually developed and maintained according to WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines (or higher).
Project NatureConnect has provided alternative text/descriptions for images whenever necessary. This provides individual’s with context and a more accurate understanding of an image.
Note: Some images are for decorative purposes and may not have a alternative/text description.
Project NatureConnect has additionally implemented the following into its website:
- Structuring of the page/post content with hierarchical titles;
- Link text added to content is descriptive, not generic (I.E. click here [url] or visit this link [url]);
- Website content is accessible with a keyboard;
- Depending on your browser, you should be able to have your browser read a page to you;
- Website forms are setup for accessibility;
- Colors and images are utilized sparingly;
- Dynamic content is accessible;
- Appointed Ombudsman and accessibility expert are on the PNC Inc. Board;
- and more!